Accueil international Accueil international

Home > Student > Accommodation > Temporary accommodation

Temporary accommodation

The FUAJ Youth Hostels (Auberges de jeunesse)

If you have not yet found definitive lodgings when you arrive at Université de Grenoble, you can reserve a hotel room, or a place at a local youth hostel.

The youth hostels of the FUAJ (Federation Unie des Auberges de Jeunesse) have rooms which are shared by 4, 6 or 8 people). You must first pay the FUAJ signing-on fee of 7€ to have access to the accommodation in France and in other countries. The rate for a shared room is around 23 € per night.


In Grenoble

10 avenue du Grésivaudan
38 130 Échirolles
Tél. +33 (0)4 76 09 33 52
Puce indiquant un lien externe

In Aix les Bains (the nearest hostel to Chambery)
Promenade du Sierroz
73 100 Aix-les-Bains
Tél. +33 (0) 4 79 88 32 88
Puce indiquant un lien externe

In Annecy
4 route du Semnoz
74 000 Annecy
Tél. +33 4 50 45 33 19

Hotel rooms

The tourist offices also have lists of temporary accommodation as well as of hotels:

Temporary accommodation with CROUS

If you are coming for a stay of limited duration, you can apply to CROUS for temporary accommodation, and obtain a room, depending of course on availability. The CROUS "temporary housing" service is not available, at least, between August and October. The rest of the year, applications for year-long student residents are given priority.

The application form can be downloaded on the CROUS website, in the section 'hébergement passager'.

Once filled, it has to be sent along with:
  • A copy of your student card or a document indicating your status
  • A proof of identity
  • A certified evidence of the stage or examination.
You should normally receive an answer within 8 or 10 days. The answers are subject to availability.

Updated on March 15, 2019

Associés renforcés
Associés simples