Accueil international Accueil international

Home > Doctoral student

Sworn translators

Some administrative steps require documents written in foreign languages to be translated into French by sworn or certified translators.

Whether you are in France or abroad, you will find on this page how to proceed.
The deadlines and costs will be given by the translator.

You are in France

Certified or sworn translators approved by the French courts are registered on a list of legal experts.
These lists are available online, on the French Court of cassation website. > Informations & Services > Experts judiciaires
Once the list opened, you’ll find translators under the section ‘H-02 Traduction’.

Which list to choose ?
If you need to meet the translator in person, you should choose the closest town to your home, but you can choose any other town, particularly if there is no translator for your language.

You are abroad

You can find the list of sworn or certified translators on your country’s French Consulate website.
List of the French Embassies and Consulates on the website of the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs : > Le Ministère > Annuaires du ministère de l’Europe et des Affaires étrangères > Ambassades et consulats français à l’étranger

The translator’s signature must be legalized by the French Consulate in order for the translation to be valid.

Updated on October 27, 2020

Associés renforcés
Associés simples